Sunday, September 30, 2007

I got a free manicure on Saturday

Oh yeah. So my good college friend Y was in town this weekend. I hadn't seen her since the very end of 2004, so it's been nearly three years, which is a shame since we were close. We hadn't kept in regular touch, but luckily, things were exactly as they were since we'd last seen each other. (Don't you love it when that happens?)

Y and I had a few minutes to ourselves since Jane (yes, that Jane) was running late, so we were catching up. Of course, the inevitable question ("So... where are you working now?") came up, and I had quite a bit to explain. Y was horrified and sad that I didn't call her to tell her ("I would've sent you tickets to come see me!"). Then Jane arrives and we're our morbid selves and cracking completely inappropriate jokes (hm, we should probably take our audience into account), and Y starts to tear. Oops. So she insisted on treating me to a manicure. And cheesecake.

Living parents, love. Lovely painted fingernails, ten. Woo!

No comments: